The Student News Site of Alexandria City High School

Theogony

Theogony

Theogony

Red , White and Blue Spirit Bash

On Saturday September 30th, ACHS hosted its annual red, white and blue spirit cheerleading showcase. Justice and Thomas Jefferson high schools also participated in the event.

The showcase opened with an introduction of each school including both their JV and varsity teams, as well as coaches. The first section commenced with performances by the JV teams of all schools. During their performances, the teams had their own call and response cheers, which involved the crowd. The showcase had a quick intermission before the varsity teams were set to perform, and a raffle for free tumbling classes was conducted during that time.

After the intermission, the second part of the showcase began, and all schools’ varsity teams competed. The audience, including the JV athletes, was very engaged and enthusiastic throughout.

The showcase concluded with an exciting jump and tumble competition, and an athlete from every team participated; the participants from both Alexandria City and Justice won. Parents and coaches were then given the opportunity to take pictures with the senior athletes.

The event was a great success, and Tanesha Parks, the ACHS JV coach said, “I feel accomplished.” All teams will participate on October 10 at 5pm at Lake Braddock High School where the patriot district first round competition will take place.