The Student News Site of Alexandria City High School

Theogony

Theogony

Theogony

Who’s Winning the Superbowl?

Photo from the National Football League.

On February 2, 2020, the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers met in Hard Rock Stadium in Miami where Kansas City knocked out San Francisco with a 31-20 win. Now, four years later, there is set to be a rematch. Super Bowl Sunday will go down on the 11th of February in Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. The Chiefs will be looking to remain on top and the 49ers will be seeking revenge. The 49ers are the two-point favorite over the Chiefs, but who does ACHS think is going to come out on top? 

Most of our answers featured one person, who was one of the main focuses of the NFL season: Taylor Swift. This season Chiefs Tight End Travis Kelce began dating famous singer Taylor Swift, and people either love the coverage the couple gets– or hate it. 

When junior Eric Kananzes was asked why he thought the 49ers would win, he responded, “Because I don’t like Taylor Swift.” 

On the other side, sophomore Lina Vu said the Chiefs would win because “Taylor Swift is on their side” and she is rooting for them because of her. 

For security guard Steven Williams, “My heart says the Chiefs but I would like for the 49ers to win.” For Williams he grew up watching the 49ers. “They’re my childhood team”. 

One constant for people thinking that the Chiefs are going to win, is the fact that they have Quarterback Patrick Mahomes. Steven Williams said after being asked why he thinks the Chiefs will win is that “Patrick Mahomes, when it comes playoff time, he’s nothing to mess with.” 

Gabriel Stewart, a junior, said that the Chiefs would win adding that “They have Patrick Mahomes that’s all that they need.”

For junior Jason Rivera he wants neither of the teams to win. “Nobody, I want it as a tie. I did not want to see the 49ers and Chiefs be in the Super Bowl.” Rivera is a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, who have had a rivalry with the Chiefs for the past few seasons. “I hate the Chiefs and if they win they are officially a dynasty.”

In all, we interviewed 40 students, and we found out that 57.5 percent of students think that Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are going to win out this season over the 42.5 percent of students that picked the 49ers. “They are just the better team,” said junior Chaz Michael Reber. 

A pie chart featuring the 49ers and the Chiefs displays results.

Regardless of who wins, at ACHS, most of us are excited to watch and we are looking forward to watching a good game. 

This poll has ended.

Who do you think will win the Super Bowl?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.