The Student News Site of Alexandria City High School

Theogony

Theogony

Theogony

In Brief: Who’s Coming to ACHS?

Students reflect on the March 19 VIP speaker.
A digitally altered image of two people shrugging in the ACHS hallway.

Many ACHS students prepared themselves for the spectacular on March 19, 2024, when two VIP guests were set to visit ACHS. Now that the event has passed, who did students think the speaker would be?

Rhys Snyder (‘26)
“My bet was on Carl Azuz. I feel like no one talks about him anymore, and he’s well due a revival. Who would’ve seen it coming?”

Eitan Kamara (‘25)
“I cannot believe it wasn’t Kamala. I got a silk press for this and even put myself on vocal rest so we could giggle with glee together. I’m very disappointed.”

Cardwell J. Levi (‘26)
“I think the real guest speaker was the power of friendship and the friends half of the school who immediately left the building upon the bell ringing made along the way.”

Marcus Brutus (‘67 BC)
“I know what assemblies in March are for.”

Naomi Losse (‘24)
“At a certain point, I was scared I was the guest speaker, but they forgot to tell me.”

Phillip Johnson (‘25)
“I thought the Oscars were going to reconvene and give Lily Gladstone the award she deserved. That’s why I stayed. There were a lot of people with cameras out there, and I thought, ‘Oh, yeah, they’re doing justice today.’”

Jeff Breakley (‘25)
“I think it was supposed to be Trump announcing his VP nominee, but then he realized he had a criminal trial or something. I think it’s kind of sad that they couldn’t figure that out. Was Nikki Haley busy?”

John Loverto (‘25)
“Do we have evidence that Kamala Harris will not be visiting the school?”

Reese McCassick (‘27)
“My mom. I forgot my lunch at home, and I was feeling quite famished. I don’t know my lunch pin. I know I should, but, y’know. I was hoping perhaps she would come and get me some food. I don’t know what she’d speak about, but I’ve never really done this before. I don’t know how it works. Maybe that’s the way of things.”

Veritas Sparta (‘39 BC)
“O, Great King Caesar, do I await your spectacular return. Brutus shall reap the blood from the Ides by which he took your sweet soul.”

Leddibe Ouver (‘24)
“Any excuse, way, path or other blessèd conduit between this academic institution and my bed that expedites the time I have to spend here is welcome to me.”